About this policy
Cinnamon Culture is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way and according with the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) laws. This policy outlines how we aim to achieve this and includes the information collected when:
• you use our website www.cinnamonculture.com;
• you make a booking via our website or our booking partners;
• you fill our comment cards;
• you make enquiries via phone or email;
• someone is interested in working with us.
Definition of Personal Data
Personal Data means any data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly/indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to us via telephone or email, our comment cards, our website or via our booking partners.
By providing your personal data, you agree that we can use your personal data in accordance with this policy.
Ensure you understand this policy in its entirety and take your time to read it.
Who are we?
Cinnamon Culture is a restaurant/venue based in Bromley.
Our registered address is: 46 Plaistow Lane, BR1 3PA Greater London
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you:
• when you make a booking;
• when you visit a restaurant (preferences, allergies etc.);
• when you make an enquiry;
• when you sign up to marketing emails by filling our comment card.
What type of information is collected from you?
You may be asked to submit personal information about yourself when you make a booking. We will collect this information so we can fulfill your booking request and you may dine at our venue.
When you make a booking Cinnamon Culture collects information such as:
• e-mail address (used for booking confirmation and post-dining feedback emails)
• home or work address (used for deliveries only)
• billing information taken for deposits or holding credit card information for use in the case of no-shows (where applicable)
• telephone number
• company name
• dietary requests
• marketing preferences (whether you opt-in or opt-out).
When you dine at Cinnamon Culture, we collect information such as:
• your marketing responses (where applicable)
• your survey responses
• your current and past restaurant reservation details.
When you access our sites:
There is “Device Information” about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by Cinnamon Culture. This information can include:
• device type (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet)
• operating system
• IP address
• browser type
• browser information (e.g., type, language, and history)
• domain names
• access times
• referring website addresses
• other data about your device to provide the services as otherwise described in this policy.
If you use our website, we may receive your generic location (such as city or neighbourhood).
You may submit your CV if you’re interested in working for us to firstname.lastname@example.org. This information may include:
• personal details
• employment details
• salary history
• other relevant details.
We will use this information to assess your application. We may also keep it in our records for future reference. Please get in contact if you would no longer like us to hold your records at email@example.com.
How is your information used?
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary to complete a booking, because you have consented to our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in your legitimate interests.
We require the information outlined in the previous section to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• internal record keeping;
• sending you service emails (booking confirmation and post-dining feedback);
• improving our products and services by asking for your feedback;
• sending marketing communications if you have opted in to receive them (such as recipes, special offers or information about dining events);
• we may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties. Any personal information we request from you will be safeguarded under current legislation.
We will only share your information with other companies if necessary to deliver services on our behalf, for example third-party payment processors, and as otherwise consented to by you or as permitted by applicable law.
Please note that we do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
How and where do we store data?
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not pass your details to any third parties for marketing purposes unless you have expressly permitted us to. Furthermore, you can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that Cinnamon Culture holds about you and have any inaccuracies corrected. Any such requests should be made to this email address: email@example.com.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
Use of ‘cookies’
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server which allows the website to recognise you when you visit. Cookies only collect data about browsing actions and patterns, and do not identify you as an individual.
• Opting Out: You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the services.
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
What happens if our business changes hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
Changes to this statement